Why the trades?
It's a question many students ask! Here are just a few reasons to consider the trades, which fall under the academic heading of Career and Technical Education (CTE):
- Trades provide students with an opportunity to learn practical skills that are useful in everyday life, can be applied to the workforce, or used to start a business.
- Learning a trade skill builds confidence and pride in your work.
- Trade skills typically require less time to graduate after high school- ideal for those looking to get to work quickly.
- Career Technical Education (CTE) incurs less student loan debt.
- Skilled trades are always in demand - because of this demand students are less likely to struggle to find jobs, and are more likely to be placed into the workforce quickly.