2023-2024 School Year
DEADLINE – March 24, 2023
It is that time of year again. PTEC requires all those planning to attend PTEC in 2023-2024 to complete all paperwork located below. If fees are not paid and forms are not submitted by March 24, 2023, your student’s spot will not be guaranteed.
- Step 1 of Yearly Registration
Log into your Campus Parent account. Go to “More” on the left side index. From there, click on “Online Registration”. On the next screen, select “Click here to go to Existing Student Registration” and follow the instructions. Below is a link to a document to walk you through the process as well as a short video tutorial. If you need further assistance, please contact your school’s front office.
Returning Student Yearly Registration Document –
Parent Video Tutorial –
- Step 2 of Yearly Registration
Forms to sign and return
Fill out these forms and return them to the front office by March 24th. You may drop them off during school hours OR scan and email them to PTECregistration@jamesirwin.org.
Forms to read and keep
Look over these documents for the information they contain. Some forms may need to be turned in depending on your student’s situation.
Step 3 of Yearly Registration
Annual fees will need to be paid at the front office by check or exact cash. You can also pay online with a card from your IC portal. All monies due (past and present fees), must be turned in no later than Thursday, March 31, 2023. Outstanding fees will affect the completion of your registration and your spot will not be guaranteed.
Step 4 of Yearly Registration
Summer Reading and Math Projects
Due August 24, 2023. Summer reading and math work will be counted as their first homework grade of the year. Should a student choose not to do one or both, they will be starting the year with a failing grade.
- The PTEC Summer English Packet is mandatory for all students, as defined in that section. You may obtain a summer reading book from your local library (they usually run out of books quickly), a local bookstore, or online. Click on the links below for the assignment in your student's grade.
- The PTEC Summer Math Project will go back to paper packets this year and is mandatory only for 6th, 7th, and 8th grades. You can download it from the link in the title or students can pick up a packet from their math teacher before school gets out at the end of May. The Front Office will have copies available as well.
Other things you will need to have ready for the 2023/2024 school year:
- You must order your student’s uniforms online. You can place an order on the first of every month. Plan ahead to be sure to have uniforms ready on the first day of school. Visit the following website to order uniforms – http://advancedimpressionsinc.com/ptec/shop/home
- Check with your doctor that your student is up to date on their immunizations. The school must have documentation of immunizations by the first day of school. Information on exemptions can be found here.
- Make an appointment to come to the front office with a legal guardian's valid photo ID so our staff can get you set up with an Infinite Campus parent portal account (if your student is completely new to James Irwin).
- We communicate with you through the information you provide when setting up your account.
- We are only allowed to talk to those listed as guardians about your student's grades or behavior.
The Infinite Campus parent portal provides the following information for you as a parent regarding your student:
- All missing assignments
- All in-progress grades
- Report cards at the end of each semester
- Schedule and link to contact teachers directly from that schedule via email
- Attendance, including any tardies, accrued
- Set preferences for how you would like to be contacted
- Add and edit emergency contact lists for who may pick up your student
If you are the parent of a fifth-grade student coming from JICA or JICES to PTEC and do not remember your login information, please reset your Infinite Campus (IC) password. All legal parents/guardians should have their own IC portal account that was assigned to them at JICA or JICES.
- If you have never logged into IC, you can go to JICA or JICES with your photo ID for access support.
- Suppose you have used IC but don't remember your username or password, and you have set up your security (recovery) email address in your portal account. In that case, you can reset your login credentials by clicking on the "forgot username" or "forgot password" button on the portal's login page. If you have not already set up a security email address in your portal account, you will need to go to the front office at JICA or JICES with your photo ID so they can contact Janice Cook to request a password reset for you.