Board of Directors
Board Service is not an Honor but a Duty
The Board has ultimate responsibility for the network of all James Irwin Charter Schools and is charged with implementing its vision. The Board enters into an agreement with each school to provide specific services including operations, facilities, financial management, education programs, and human resources.
The focus of the Board is to:
- uphold the network’s mission and vision.
- provide financial oversight ensuring the maintenance of adequate resources.
- ensure the network is operating legally and ethically.
- enhance the networkl’s public standing.
- monitor and strengthen programs and services.
- support and evaluate the network's Chief Executive Officer.
The Board encourages those interested in serving on the Board to familiarize themselves with the following materials:
- Why Johnny Can’t Tell Right from Wrong by William Kilpatrick
- How to Educate a Citizen: The Power of Shared Knowledge to Unify a Nation by E.D. Hirsch (ISBN-10 : 0063001926)
- Cultural Literacy: What Every American Needs to Know by E.D. Hirsch (ISBN-10. 0394758439
- “Waiting for Superman” (movie)
- John Stossel's 20/20 show on Direct Instruction